November 3, 2005

New Book Started

Just a quick post to say I'm still here, writing and I'll try and post more. This year's NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writer's Month) competition has started again. After a lot of promises through the year, I finally started a new novel yesterday with the working title: Deadly Sequence. To get things rolling, I'll be trying to get 50,000 words of it written by November 30th so I can "win" Nano. But my further goal is to finish the full first draft (which should come in well over 100,000 words) by the end of the year.

In any case, watch this space for more posts about my progress. The Nano bar meter on the right sidebar of this page will tell you instantly where I am. Once Nano's done (assuming I'm successful on that point) we'll think of some other way to track things here.

BTW, if you want more information on Nano, or you'd like to join in (it's not too late!), check out their site at http://www.nanowrimo.org. My username over there is MartyDaScribbler.

See ya!

No comments: