November 4, 2005

Uh Oh

Well, four days into Nano and I'm behind already. As a minimum, to make 50,000 in the 30 days November offers, you need to write 1,667 words per day. This will give you a bountiful 10 words extra to play with. (Actually, due to the quirks of various word counters, it's probably safer to assume you have to write about 52,000 words...which works out to 1,734 words per day...but lets not get crazy.)

I have been writing every day so far and I quite like most of it. But I'm about 800 words behind where I should be. Hopefully I can rectify that this weekend. I'm going to flesh out my characters a bit more and plot out the next 5 or 10 chapters I want to write. This should make the writing go faster. (I keep finding myself on Answers.com when I should be writing. And I do have a "high point" outline of what I want to do with the book, I just need to get a little more granular with my framework...I hope.)

I am a couple of hundred words ahead of some friends who are doing Nano with me, but they're closing fast and -- uh oh...footsteps. Oh no!

No comments: