March 8, 2007

Zombie Sale

More good news, this time about my writing. :)

Just got word from Australia that my zombie story Spark has been bought for Altair's yet-to-be-named Zombie Antho, due out in October 2007. Guess I'll have something to talk about at the World Horror Convention at the end of the month, after all!

At just under 7,000 words, Spark is the longest story I've sold to date (previous champion was my story The Find, which appeared in Transversions). As of October, my fiction will have appeared on three continents and in four countries.

While the name is still being worked out, the editor (Robert N. Stephenson) sent me a rough sketch of what the cover will look like (shown here). The drawing is called Zombie Girl and is by Conny Valentina. It's based on Zombie Love by Mike Brown, one of the stories to be featured in the collection. Mike is a new writer from Adelaide, South Australia.

Robert can't make it to World Horror this year, so I guess I'll have to drink Fosters all night in his honor.

Cheers, Mate!

No comments: