May 18, 2009

Ode to the Right Brain

By the light of dawn,

I twist the words.

No longer letters,

but merely obscureds.


The opus was done,

such a long time ago.

Or was it just yesterday?

I no longer know.


Like breadcrumbs for pidgeons,

I toss the letters out.

Then try to stay strong,

and elude the blackhole of doubt.


Though in the end,

there's nothing to do;

but wait for the clock

to stop its backward skew.


I so miss the days,

when my characters were me,

instead of just hooks,

in a blood-stained query.

1 comment:

Alicia Walker said...

Bravo. I'm feeling the angst and the blood, sweat and tears along with it. I especially appreciated the pigeon metaphor today. I had a dream that agents were bunnies. Hopefully one of those pigeons will take your manuscript and fly with it.